Saturday, June 9, 2012

First try with Copic Markers...

I only own four, of which two of the markers are the same color but different shade (because I had no idea what I was buying). Thank you Suzanne Dean for providing a basic starter list! She also has great tutorials as well on how to get started.

This was actually inspired by a layout I had done previously for a housewarming card but sticking to the cleaner colors of a wedding card I did before the card workshop.


I wanted to stick to bright, spring colors to reflect the sunflowers from May's stamp of the month, and the yellow ribbon I had picked up somewhere on sale was the perfect compliment. It's a gentle shading, but I used Y11 and Y13 and then used a brush and chocolate ink for the middle of the flowers.


I always like to decorate the inside of my cards, something I started doing after I discovered Teneale Williams' blog. I took the same sunflower and inked up two of the corners, coloring with the same technique.

I will be off for the next few weekends as I'm finally on the trip to celebrate my father-in-law's 60th birthday in Portugal! Hope that the sun comes out by the time I am home!

Michaels, etc:
Ribbon
White cardstock
Copics Y11, Y13

CTMH:
Friendship Bouquet - May 2012 SOTM
Cocoa Ink
Chocolate Ink


Listening to the birds chirp and the echoes of the Denmark vs. Netherlands Euro 2012 game,

No comments:

Post a Comment